Happy New Year!
Is there anything better than a fresh start?!! I'm not a huge fan of "resolutions" but I am a big goal setter and I set goals several times through out the year. This time of year being one of them.
Every year I pick a "theme" for the year and then my goals some what follow along. Last year was all about trying new things and breaking out of my shell. Leaving my comfort zone and seeing where the trail takes me. It was a good year!
My 2010 in review went something like this:
1. Finished a Master Cleanse and kicked my caffeine addiction. Never thought I could live without caffeine (or food for that matter) and I proved I could. I did revert back though 6 months later and well....we'll talk about that down below.
2. Read everything I could get my hands on about anthropology and primal eating and found that we really do thrive off nothing but meats, veggies, fruits, and nuts. I've NEVER felt better! I'll admit, I was scared to let go of my yogurt and oatmeal.
3. Travelled to meet in person 3 people whom I had met on FB. From virtual friends to true, face to face real friends. Fantastic people!
4. Took two road-trips alone with my girls. One to LA with my oldest and then one to WA and ID with BOTH GIRLS. It was an adventure to say the least and something I normally would never do alone but, this year was all about doing new things. We bonded and had a wonderful time.
5. Went to a modeling casting call. OMG talk about NOT IN MY COMFORT ZONE!! Got selected and then went on to shoot a whole campaign for 24 hour Fitness and it turned out to be one of the single best experiences EVER! Being a supermodel is REALLY hard work though.
6. Got my business license for photography, made a website, began advertising and starting actually charging people money!!! I never felt confident enough in my work and even though I do still get a twinge of "ugh I'm not good enough for you to pay me" every once in a while, I'm making progress.
7. We bought our first grass-fed cow and it was delicious!!! I'd always just bought the meat pc by pc at the market and was a little leery of buying so much at once. It worked out though and that meat is already GONE. Getting ready to get some more!
8. Went to a trapeze class (hello I'm scared to death of heights) and had an amazing time!!! If you missed my video flying high in the sky, check it out here:
9. Read a LOT of books on the power of positive thinking and the laws of attraction. I kinda became obsessed with it and still sort of am, however not as severely as I was for awhile. There is a fine line between the laws of attraction and religious nut-jobs. It's a really fine line I tread carefully.
10. Drove with my sister in law cross country from CA to VA. It was awesome!! I was scared we might hate each other by the end but if anything it just made us closer.
So, those were some of the high points. It was a great year!
This year the theme is "learning" new things. Or, relearning old things.
I started the year again with a Master Cleanse because I did pick up my caffeine addiction on that cross country road-trip and I won't lie, by the end of the year I was back to drinking two pots of coffee a day. The withdrawal was the same as last year, only this time I knew I wasn't going to die. The massive migraines and vomiting went away after two days and now, feeling Grreeaaatt!!
I'm still working on some of the goals and I'll have them finished up by tomorrow and post about them later.
It's going to be a phenomenal year! I can just FEEL IT!!!!!